- Medical Care & Support
- Programs & Services
- Cancer Resource Library
- Clinical Trials
- Cancer Prevention
- Grateful Patients & Families
- Frequently Asked Questions
Yoga is one of the oldest and most popular Wellness programs offered at the Cancer Center of Santa Barbara. Offered free of charge, our yoga classes are uniquely designed to help people currently in or recovering from recent cancer treatment:
- Reduce stress
- Manage treatment side effects
- Relieve pain
- Improve range of motion and lymphatic circulation
- Regain health
- Attain peace of mind
Gentle Therapeutic Yoga
Gentle Therapeutic yoga is a gentle, relaxing practice that features a flowing sequence of supported yoga postures, breathwork, and guided imagery to help manage the side effects of illness and stress and support healing. Appropriate for all levels; no prior yoga experience is needed.
Yoga for Strength & Empowerment
Geared for those seeking to reduce stress and restore strength as part of their cancer recovery process. Focus is on relieving muscle tension, increasing flexibility and total body conditioning. Particularly helpful for improving upper body range of motion post-surgery. Suitable to new yoga students as well as long-time practitioners seeking to modify their practice.
What patients say:
- Instructors: Cheri Clampett, Kat Connors-Longo and Anne Van de Water
- 6 classes per week - refer to the calendar for specific days and times.
- Location: Cancer Center Multipurpose Room, 540 West Pueblo Street
- Other: Drop-ins welcome. All yoga props provided (mats, blankets, bolsters, pillows, etc). Wear comfortable clothing.
- For more information, call (805) 898-2204.