- Medical Care & Support
- Programs & Services
- Cancer Resource Library
- Clinical Trials
- Cancer Prevention
- Grateful Patients & Families
- Frequently Asked Questions
No one ever finishes a good laugh and says, "That was horrible." Almost by definition, laughter makes us feel better. Humor can be one of our best coping tools when the going gets rough. When we can laugh at life, despite our circumstances, pain often eases, stress lifts and well-being is restored.
As a Laughter class participant, you will have the opportunity to explore the physiological benefits of humor, enjoy healthy doses of improv comedy and take part in other fun exercises designed to get you laughing. Family caregivers are also welcome.
- Facilitators: Dana VanderMey, R.N., C.L.L., (Certified Laugh Leader), Sarah Uma, C.L.L.
- For more information, call (805) 898-2204. Dates and times of upcoming Laughter groups also listed on our program calendar.
- Co-sponsored with Hospice of Santa Barbara, Inc.