- Mission Statement
- Medical Care & Support
- Support the Legacy
- Locations & Interactive Map
- News Room
Watch our video by clicking the thumbnail above.
Cancer Center of Santa Barbara is an independent, not-for-profit corporation, providing state-of-the-art cancer treatment. Since 1949, through the charitable giving of families and foundations, the Cancer Center has stayed in the vanguard of comprehensive, non-surgical, outpatient cancer care. By retaining highly trained and devoted medical personnel, acquiring the latest technology and protocols, and integrating patient support and wellness programs, the Cancer Center treats those on the journey to live with, through, and beyond cancer.
We know that a cancer diagnosis and treatment can bring a myriad of challenges and changes to patients, their families and friends. With this in mind, the Cancer Center of Santa Barbara sensitively integrates outpatient treatment and support disciplines including:
• The most technologically advanced radiation oncology and nuclear medicine
departments for precisely targeting and treating cancer.
• Hematology and medical oncology providing the latest chemotherapy
treatment with on-site patient participation in leading-edge national cancer research trials.
• Renowned patient support services providing counseling, practical support and
community resources to patients and families.
• Innovative wellness programs enabling patients to integrate complementary
therapies such as nutrition, yoga, healing touch and other mind-body approaches
into their cancer treatment plan.
• State-of-the-art resource library with print and electronic cancer education and
resource materials devoted to patients, their families and community members
seeking information on cancer.
• Outreach activities and cancer prevention programs relevant to the communities it serves.
Our commitment to provide cancer care for the people of the community, regardless of the ability to pay, has been a fundamental principle since our founding. At the same time, we have been, and continue to be, committed to the advancement of clinical science in the community. In an era where decisions about investments in new technology are often based on potential profits and losses, the Cancer Center maintains its dedication to advance the level of care based primarily on the value to the patient rather than on the current status of insurance reimbursement.